Saturday 30 June 2012

MEET THE NEWLYWED- UCHE JUMBO AND HUBBY, KENNEY RODRIGUEZ

Click for Full Image Size
Uche Jumbo
Uche Jumbo and hubby,Kenney Rodriguez




 Uche Jumbo was born into the family of Mr & Mrs Jumbo, from Abiriba, Abia State. She is the third in a family of nine. After her primary and secondary school education, she went on to read Mathematics & Statistics at the University of Calabar.Uche's resilience saw her struggle her way through the entertainment industry, against her father's wish. One of the most amazing screen goddesses of Nollywood, she has distinctively carved a niche for herself. Her debut screen appearance was Visa to Hell, directed by Fidelis Duker, way back in 1998. She has starred in over 70 Nollywood movies and has gone on to produce her own films.
Today, her new film, DAMAGAE premieres at the Silverbird Cinemas. It has an impressive cast, which comprises of: Kalu Ikeagwu, Tonto Dikeh, Basorge Tariah Jnr and Uche herself. It tells the thrilling story of love and the pain of domestic violence with a style that projects the subject as one that has not been seen before in a movie.
Uche Jumbo Rodriguez in a recent interview with BN talks about her recent wedding and her husband.Talking about the wedding, Uche Jumbo says "the whole point was doing something that is totally unexpected. People were busy writing what they didn’t know. I have a right to say this is the information I want out and this is the information I don’t want out. Also because it has stopped being me and now us, we have to continuously agree to how we want stuff done. I am from a different background and my partner is from a different background. We just wanted to savour the moment". 
The Nigerian born actress also taks about her husband. She  says "Contrary to what i’ve been hearing in the media, he is American and not from Puerto Rico. He has been to Puerto Rico twice and those times were with me. Once on vacation and then we went back for our wedding. He is a New Yorker, he works and lives in New York; Also, contrary to what I’ve been hearing that I met him online, no I did not. He came to talk to me about some business venture and that’s how we started talking. I met him through a mutual friend who is his business partner".
Chizzyfrancis wishes Uche Jumbo a blissful marriage !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment