Wednesday 8 May 2013

Alex Ferguson retires as manager of Manchester United



Sir Alex Ferguson
The manager, who has been at the club for 26 years, said in a statement: "The decision to retire is one that I have thought a great deal about and one that I have not taken lightly. It is the right time.
"It was important to me to leave an organisation in the strongest possible shape, and I believe I have done so."
The Scotsman secured his 13th Premier League title with Manchester United two weeks ago and is the most successful manager in British football history.
Ferguson, 71, will stay at Manchester United as a director and an ambassador, but now has just two games left with the famous club.
His final game, away to West Brom on May 19, will be his 1,500th in charge.
"With these activities, along with my many other interests, I am looking forward to the future," said Ferguson.
Welldone Mr Ferguson, we are all proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment